Sunday, November 17, 2002

horray for me!!

hahaahhahah, i thought i was all done posting for today, but no, exciting things do happen to me on sunday nights!! my friend, crista stopped by to give me some apple donuts before she drove back to santa cruz. such a funny girl...she had been to my house once, and knew how to get here again!! it's just sort of insane cause there's a lot of streets to remember. i am so freaking excited right now. but most of you probably don't know the whole donut history. here it is.

during the late summer, i would sleep with my window open. (i had been working at a summer camp, sleeping under the stars. it's just weird to get adjusted to a room again, even if you have glow in the dark stars on your ceiling.) a couple of nights in a row, i had these amazing dreams about donuts. i would walk into a donut store, and be so overwhelmed at the amount of donuts, they all looked so yummy!! i couldn't figure out why i kept dreaming about donuts...i wasn't a huge fan of them or anything. one night, a little after midnight, i picked up my brother from the bart station. when we got back to our house, right when i opened the car door, i smelled donuts. jelly filled, if you must know!! i was screaming, thinking, i neeeeeeed these donuts!! that's when i put two and two together. there's a donut shop about a block away from my house. they must cook those suckers as i was drifting off to sleep. and, me having my window open would allow me to smell them as i was sleeping....making me dream about them!!

the other day, i found donut pillows, and got two for my bed. i don't sleep with my windown open now...it's a bit cold outside. but at least i have some inspiration until it heats up outside. that's all from me now...time to finish those donuts!!

and a big huge thanks to crista for being so super nice and getting me donuts even though she knew nothing of my crazy dreams. :)

No comments: