Sunday, February 16, 2003

If I had a shotgun, you know what I'd do?
I'd point it straight up at the sky and shoot heaven on down for you.
(don't push, sublime)

hello my crazy kids. right now i'm sorting through some jewelry that my granny's best friend, inga gave to me. poor inga...she's been my granny's best friend forever, and now she doesn't have too much longer to live. she wanted to divide up all her jewelry among all the girls in the family, so that's what i did yesterday. i got some fun rings. nothing that i'll wear everyday, but some fun stuff nonetheless. i was pretty surprised at all the girls, too. there were 3 women my mom's age, one who is 6 years older than i am, me, and my two younger cousins. we had a tray of her stuff in front of us, and we all picked up every piece, examining it. then, we went around the circle, stating our favorites. i was surprised that we all had such different tastes...nobody picked something that someone else wanted. it was so civil. not that my family is anything close to uncivil. i didn't know what to expect...but we all were very happy with what we got. it does make me sad though; that inga will be leaving us soon. she's so much like my granny. they don't know their age, and act like little kids. for those who don't know....my granny teaches a "swimming" class to older ladies. they all just sort of stand in the water, moving their arms every now and then...but they all talk about their latest trips to vegas, or france, or whatever. they're so full of life...and i love it. but yes...sorting through all my rings. and by sorting, i mean trying them all on at once. :)

okay, so crazy story. i SWEAR i learned about this plate in college. and i don't remember them telling me it was a fake. check it out. this link has a picture of where it was found.

all right. i really have nothing else to say. other than watching hockey and the simpsons, the most exciting thing i did was reorganizing my closet. i just can't believe all the stuff i have. but i do need to remember that this all fit into a HOUSE for the last 4 years. i think i'm doing a good job fitting it into one room. well, two if you count the boxes of stuff in the bonus room. but that's all kitchen stuff. hee hee. okay, time to find some reading material...night!! :)

oh wait, i almost forgot your moment of zen.
"hey lisa, spell "ac dc"-otto
"a-c-d-c"-lisa
"no, man, you forgot the lightning bolt"-otto

No comments: