Thursday, May 04, 2006

I don’t wanna wait in vain for your love,
’cause if summer is here,
I’m still waiting there
(waiting in vain, bob marley)

well happy freakin birthday to me!! i had such a fun day yesterday. possibly the best birthday evah?? oooooh yeah!!

it wasn't as relaxed as last year since i did have to go into work, but i had a great time nonetheless. my morning started with some great news regarding hockey. erik ended up getting two tickets for the second sharks game for the next round of the playoffs!! since he's super nice, he let me have one of the tickets!! i was really happy and trying not to cry happy tears and bounce at work. :) i had tried to get some, but they were seriously gone in .5 seconds. also, he told me that cheech would be throwing the first pitch at the a's game. horray!!

work was pretty good, although i spent way the eff too long on these reports. poor hilary was being very patient and reviewing everything to see where this mistake was, and for the life of us, could not figure it out. (btw, we got it all solved this morning...and i felt like a retard for not knowing a piece to the puzzle that would have saved both of us tons of time.) matt took us out to lunch and i was super happy that it was chevy's. that was my place to go back in jr high and high school for birthday dinners. i totally forgot until i saw the waiters running around with desserts for other birthday peeps and giant sombreroes.

after work, i was just rockin out to my iPod on BART and having to hold myself back when we stopped at the coliseum station. i totally wanted to hop out and buy a ticket so i could scream for cheechoo as he threw out the first pitch. but, i would be missing my special birthday dinner, and i was wearing a shirt, skirt, and flip flops. i would have frozen for sure!!

i got home and someone my mom helps tutor after school was there with some presents for me. i felt so bad because i know she must have saved up money for a while to get them for me!! eeeeeekkk!! after that, pizza was delivered and i was such a happy camper. my own little cheese pizza!! no picking off meat or other things i don't want to eat!! hahahahahah!! i had about a million calls with happy birthday songs, well wishes, cards, text messages, emails...holy cow. i fit a root-beer float in and then opened up a trillion presents.

i feel totally spoiled that i turned 26 and my parents still bought me so much!! i got some cute clothes, money (there's a first from my 'rents!!), a super fun purse, iPod/cell case, sharks playoff ticket, of course the usual williams/sonoma fun cookbook, w&s gift card...it was never ending!! erik got me a super cute shirt which reminds me of the cuppiecakes that i make; FUNFETTI!! ahhhhh, i love it!! it was then about 9, and i was dying to go to bed. teesta came over with flowers for me (omg, i love flowers on my birthday!!) and a beautiful scarf/shawl and totally fun bracelets.

i don't know how i forgot to mention this earlier, but: then, my mommy came out with a super cute rainbow ice cream cake!! AND...she put a little sharks zamboni on it that she found upstairs!! what's hilarious is that i almost brought the zamboni to work with me that day!! i picked it up, then got distracted and put it down. it has been sitting upstairs for the past 4 years, doing nothing, and it got a lot of action on my birthday!! horray for ice cream cake!!

i was the most happy knowing that i had a sharks ticket for monday, though. that totally got me through my day and made me skip on the way to the bus. i must have looked like the craziest little girl, but i know i was the happiest little girl. :)

and for your moment of zen...something that i missed out on last night. they showed it in the middle of the 4th inning on tv, and i was watching alias at the time. props to kae for finding it online for me.

and i thought i was the happiest person alive!!

No comments: