Thursday, October 26, 2006

You've got your ball,
You've got your chain
Tied to me tight, tie me up again.
Who's got their claws
In you my friend?
Into your heart I'll beat again
Sweet like candy to my soul
Sweet you rock,
And sweet you roll
Lost for you, I'm so lost for you

Oh, and you come crash into me
(crash into me, dave matthews band)

soooooo, speaking of crashes, i almost got into a huge one driving home today. there was a ton of traffic on 880, as there always is, and we were finally speeding up a bit. the car in front of me was going about 50, and i started doing that as well. all of a sudden, they slammed on their brakes, but veered off into the two right lanes because they were going to hit the car in front of them. all i see is that car going nuts, and all of a sudden a car in front of me!! i'm totally gonna hit it, so i slam on my brakes as fast as i can. um, can we say thank goodness that i just got my brakes fixed this weekend?? i was so grumpy about paying for things for my car, but now i see why i should be happy.

oh yes, so i'm about to hit the car in front of me when my car starts pulling to the right a bit. i'm trying not to go into the next lane, but i'm somehow forced to. in doing so, i miss the car in front of me, but now i'm in a new lane and i don't know if i'm going to hit anyone there!! it's the carpool lane, and not too many cars had driven by in a while. luckily the guy in the carpool lane had tons of room on the shoulder, and pulled over there as i sort of merged into that lane. i was pretty amazed that nobody else got hit in front or behind me. which makes me wonder...would i have been at fault for hitting that car even though the car in front of me jacked me up?? i wasn't too close to them, but them slamming on their brakes and going into two other lanes of traffic sure means they weren't paying attention. wow, i'm so thankful that nobody was hit or hurt, and especially for the driver in the carpool lane who saw what was going on. i owe you a beer, buddy!! :)

No comments: