Saturday, November 25, 2006

Santa cutie, and fill my stocking with a duplex and checks,
Sign your x on the line
Santa cutie, and hurry down the chimney tonight

Come and trim my chirstmas tree,
With some decorations bought at Tiffany's
I really do believe in you,
Let's see if you believe in me

Santa baby, forgot to mention one little thing, a ring,
I don't mean on the phone,
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight
(santa baby, marilyn monroe)

there are so many things that make me incredibly happy. right now, i have a bright pink thermal shirt on with comfy sweats. i loooove feeling cozy and surrounding myself with my favorite color!! there are so many little things that i try to do every day to make me super smiley and bouncey. :)

december is probably my favorite month because there are so many fun things that i don't always get to do during other months. here's a list of what i love!!

*decorating the house
anyone who does this before thanksgiving is just sick in the head!! it is such a chore to get all of the boxes and bins at my parents house down from the top of the garage. they're all dusty from sitting there for a year, but there is oh so much fun inside!! i love getting lights out, putting up wreaths i made when i was 6...just all of it!!

*lights outside
okay, so when i was 5, my daddy asked me if there was any sort of special pattern i wanted to do with the outside lights. this was waaaay back in 1985, so there was really only one set of outside lights unlike today. yeah, those hecka big bulbs. my daddy traded some with the guy across the stree who wanted all white. so we had tons of colors, but no real order. and of course since i was 5, i wanted them in rainbow order!!! my daddy is so awesome that he actually did it, and has kept it that way ever since. so it goes red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and we have one violet light!! i don't think that they made violet lights back then, but i remember putting it at the end, because it completed the rainbow!! it worked still as of last year, and i'm going to be so sad whenever it goes out!! the hilarious thing now is that friends tease me when they come over to my house and ask if it's the "gay" house cause of the rainbow. when i tell them the story, they usually say, "awwwwwww!!" can you imagine the netties at 5 with those big coke-bottle glasses, screwing in rainbow light bulbs!! i still remember it and i was soooo happy!!

*decorating the tree
this one is a no brainer. i looooove putting my ornaments on the tree. i have so many now that i could probably put all of mine on my parents 10' tree!! i am actually thinking of getting a pink tree and decorating it with my girlie ornaments since i have so many. how much fun would that be?? okay, maybe only to me. :)

*hot chocolate
i love how you can either make it all the time, or go out and get it. i love that it's available everywhere and people seem to smile as they make it. it's heaven!!

*ice skating outside
all right, so i know that most places in cali aren't cold enough to have real ice outside, but we can still make crappy ice skating rinks outside, right?? RIGHT?? although it hurts my ankles like woah, i still love to go out and skate a bit.

*full stockings
i don't even get excited about the candy, since i usually give most of it away, but i loooove the fun treats that santa always gets me!! there's always some sort of exotic candy, along with my favorites like gummy cherries or super sour stuff. and, i still get excited when i see tangerines!! i love the fun treats like new nail polish colors or tons of mac makeup. my santa is the best!!

*fires
all right, so they're not so good for the enviornment which means we can only do them a few times a year at my house, but i love them so very much!! i love how warm and cozy the rooms feels, and how you don't want to leave. i love how you can take half-naps in front of them. and, i love how you can just gaze into it and feel totally at peace. which of course leads me to change into jammies or sweats right after work, and cuddle up with a blanket and a book!!

*present hunting
i seriously LOOOOVE getting presents for people. i sometimes forget that people are getting them for me because all of my energy is spent on how happy i think the person is that is going to get this cool gift!! i am sort of the personal shopper for my dad which i just love. i get to hear what she likes or i at least LISTEN to what she likes. heeheheheheh!! and, i know when she loves something...she doesn't have to say a thing. i am the worst when it comes to waiting for people to open things, though. if i had my way, i'd let everyone open things the moment i bought them!!

all right, that's it for now. here's your moment of zen:
"Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm, as you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others." -Audrey Hepburn

No comments: