Monday, April 27, 2009

totally. spoiled. rotten.

i met up with my mommy yesterday to get a bit of early birthday celebrating in, and man we know how to have fun!! please keep in mind that fun while pregnant means something a bit different to all!!

we started off by seeing monsters vs. aliens. my mommy picked it out and i went along thinking it would be another cute kid movie. also, it was in 3-d which didn't excite me much. growing up, i couldn't understand how kids were viewing things in 3-d with those annoying red and blue glasses. my eyes are kinda jacked up, so every time i tried to peer into the glasses, i either saw a totally blue or totally red screen and missed out on all the OOOOHHH and AHHHHH moments. the glasses for this movie are clear which makes for a very excited netties!! i was able to view my first movie in 3-d and felt like a kid again. or as always. :)

after that, we headed over to palo alto to do some major shopping. nordy's likes to reward good shoppers with gift certificates, so naturally, that's where we started. i found some cute yet inexpensive scarfs and lots of comfy shirts in BP. i was about to pay when my mommy stepped in and said she'd pay because it was my birthday present. happy birthday to me!!

we had a ball at the perfume counter even though my crazy sense of smell was in full force. we found my mom a great bvlgari scent that reminds me of her putting on paris while getting ready for an outing. they're so similar and rosey; i just loved smelling it!! i got the newer juicy scent as it was something i could stomach, at least for the day.

we also got some essentials at victoria's secret, kiehl's, and of course sprinkles!! i honestly don't think i've eaten a cupcake since i've been pregnant, and it was great to enjoy one for dessert. i split a red velvet and peanut butter chip since i can never decide between the two. oh cupcakes, how i've missed you!!

all in all, it was an incredibly fun and girly day, but i was beat by the end. i didn't end up napping, but i feel like i'm totally unprepared for kids if i can't even take care of myself after a day of shopping!! granted, i'm not a big shopper to begin with, but goodness gracious me. how will i handle things with multiple kids?? the older i get, the more i appreciate my mom and how she was able to do it all. :)

No comments: