Sunday, May 04, 2003

Little darling
I feel that ice is slowly melting
Little darling
It seems like years since it's been clear

Here comes the sun
Here comes the sun
And I say
It's alright
(here comes the sun, the beatles)

why do i sense a yucky year for me?? oh, because these 3 songs are like, "age 23 sucks ass." hahahahaha.

If I have a heart attack at 23
I'm loving you too much
If I have a heart attack at 23
Wave bye-bye
You'll miss me
You'll miss me baby
If I have a heart attack at 23
(tori amos, okay, not a really bad song, but heart attack at 23?? weird.)

I took her out, it was a friday night.
I wore cologne to get the feeling right.
We started making out, and she took off my pants.
But then I turned on the TV.
And that's about the time she walked away from me.

Nobody likes you when you're 23.
And I'm still more amused by TV shows.
What the hell is ADD?
My friends say I should act my age.
What's my age again? What's my age again?
(blink 182, boohoo...seriously, what's my age again?)

and, the best song to sing when you're 23...
Twenty three and so tired of life
Such a shame to throw it all away
The images grow darker still
Could I have been anyone other than me? Then I

Look up at the sky
My mouth is open wide, lick and taste
What's the use in worrying, what's the use in hurrying
Turn, turn we almost become dizzy

I am who I am who I am who am I
Requesting some enlightenment
Could I have been anyone other than me?

Sing and dance I'll play for you tonight
And thrill at it all
Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes
But I'll work it out then I

Look up at the sky
My mouth is open wide, lick and taste
What's the use in worrying, what's the use in hurrying
Turn, turn we almost become dizzy

Falling out of a world of lies
Could I have been dancing nancy
Could I have been anyone other than me?

And then I'll sing and dance I'll play for you tonight
And thrill at it all
Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes
But I'll work it out then I

Look up at the sky
My mouth is open wide, lick and taste
What's the use in worrying, what's the use in hurrying
Turn, turn we almost become dizzy
(dancing nancies, dave matthews band) i always thought 23 was so much older the first time i heard dancing nancies. i hoped that when i was 23, i wasn't tired of life. or felt like throwing it away. if every day of my 23 year will be as wonderful as my birthday, i have nothing to worry about. :) but seriously, i always thought that in this song...23 seemed so far away. i remember listening to this cd in high school...maybe age 15...damn...hella days ago. :)

almost everyone i know who is 23 loves it (so far). and i shouldn't feel any different. 23 is just that age where you're not 22, so you're probably not in college anymore, so it's like, "what the hell are you doing with your life?" ask me in a few months. i'll still be 23.

spent almost the whole day on the phone with fun people. not really a waste since they all sang to me and i got caught up on a lot of my far away friends...and a few close ones. :) and what else did i do on my birthday?? well, i decided to do a little singing.

let's try to end this whole "23" thing on a good note with one of my fav passages in the bible...
psalm 23
1 the lord is my shepherd, i shall not be in want. 2 he makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, 3 he restores my soul. he guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 even thought i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 5 you prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6 surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and i will dwell in the house of the lord forever.

a little subject change, but i now present your moment of zen. and not to ruin this for you or anything, but i love where this guy has his hand. work it!!

No comments: