Sunday, August 06, 2006

Wake up
Don't tell me it's just a dream
'Cause when I've had enough
You'll hear me say,
Now don't you try to rain on my

Perfect day,
Nothing's standing in my way

On this perfect day,
Nothing can go wrong
(perfect day, hoku)

as i woke up yesterday, i decided today was going to be my fun day. i wasn't going to do any chores or anything that wasn't fun in my book. yeah, a little selfish, but i hadn't had a whole day of fun in a bit, and have been repressing stuff at work, so this was much needed!!

i started off with a shower with new shampoo, conditioner, and soap. girls, you might be the only ones with me, but new stuff makes you feel sooooo good and happy!! i was totally singing the whole time. after all that work, i was totally craving chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, oj, and coffee. random, because i normally eat breakfast like 2 days out of the year. i decided that erik and i needed to take a trip to the pancake house, so we did!!

when i got home, i hung out by the pool which was so great since the weather was perfect on saturday. warm enough where you want to cool off, but not that annoying hot. and juuuuust a bit of a cool bay breeze from time to time. after a while, i hopped back inside to start reading some silly magazines (cosmo, vogue, glamour, etc) and eat strawberries. yeah, it felt great to catch up on reading silly things and stuff my face with one of my favorite fruits. that's how i roll. ;)

then, i watched some x-games and talked to my best friend online for a bit. is it odd that my ex is one of my best friends?? sometimes i don't know how to act because i've never been so blessed to have a relationship like this before. he's so fun and energizes me a lot. (a lot is two words!!)

i was going to put a dvd in, but 10 things i hate about you was on tv, so i watched that and then grabbed taco bell. am i a cheap date, or what?? after, erik and i saw talladega nights. oh my freakin gosh. if you like will ferrell in any small way, you HAVE to see this movie. we were cracking up at EVERY line and people in the theatre were pretty quiet!! so many great lines and fantastic acting to everyone in the movie. i really want to see it again!!

so yeah, that was my pefect day, and i can pretty much die happy now!! on friday, i got to hang out with kassey and michelle at rudy's can't fail cafe in emerville. i strongly recommend the shakin jesse to start your meal. it's a shake with chocolate, espresso and guinness. it's heaven and i really wanted to order 5 of them. *giggles* so yeah, we hung out and talked for several hours and it was so much fun. i love that we can go so long without seeing each other and pick up like there was no lapse in time. although i do want to remedy that and hang out more often. woohoo!! so many fun memories of us hanging out in davis after hours, doing and talking about things i don't want to mention here. i had forgotten that part of my experience up there for a bit, and glad i got to reclaim it.

well, that's it for now. i hope you all enjoyed your weekend and had fun and perfect days, too!! :)

No comments: