Sunday, November 12, 2006

I saw it written and I saw it say
Pink moon is on its way
And none of you stand so tall
Pink moon gonna get you all
It's a pink moon
It's a pink, pink, pink, pink, pink moon.
(pink moon, nick drake)

horray for me...i got a new job!! :) it took about 3 months of meeting with 3 different groups to interview. yes, i learned a bit of patience through this whole process!! i wanted to post this back when i learned that i had the job and given my two weeks notice, but my current employer didn't want anyone else to know. he tried to keep me there by matching my new salary, but since i will be getting so many benefits with this new job, he needed to have gone a lot higher. also, at this point, a 38% raise just shows how much i should have been worth SEVERAL MONTHS AGO. that's a bit frustrating.

i only have one more week working at my current job, and then i start my new one!! i'm so happy!! and i don't want to exactly come out and say where i'm working, but if you see the post below, there's a pretty cute graphic. yeah, i get to work there!!!

i'm so ready to work for a company like this where i can prace around and be little miss sunshine all day. i've always wanted to work for a place like this where i give so much, and they give a lot back. it's going to feel a little weird at first, but i'm sure i'll get over it.

i did a bit of shopping yesterday to sort of update my look, and i had so much fun!! probably only because i went super early and there weren't a lot of people at the mall yet. i really dispise shopping when there are a lot of other people around. everyone seems to get incredibly impatient, rude, and smelly. you can see why i hate shopping in december!!

but yes, i got a few pairs of jeans for $30 at a+f. i was super excited because those puppies are usually pretty expensive. i also found a few pairs of cute and not cheap looking work pants at old navy. they look almost exactly like some i found at guess, but they're $70 cheaper. oh, and i have to tell you about how my mom taught me to shop. so say we're just "saved" $70 by buying pants at another store. that's $70 extra bucks you have to spend!! woohoo!! i got a couple of skirts, super cute tops, and jewelry. such a successful day!! :)

today is going to be pretty chill for me. i'm going to continue making the manual for my current job. that way, if they haven't hired anyone by the time i have to go, they can go inside, and do it themselves!! no excuses!! also, i want to do a bit of reading at some point so i can put my ankles up. i swear, they hate the "cold" weather. i know it's not that cold outside, but they get pretty painful when it dips below 60. yikes. i don't want to ice them, because then it makes my whole body cold. hence the reading...taking my mind off of it for a bit seems to help. horray for distractions!!

No comments: