Thursday, July 23, 2009

happy note!!

i walked over to our local starbucks this afternoon to grab my pregnancy delight, aka a decaf nonfat iced latte. mmmmmm, heaven in a little cup!! as i walked in, there was an older lady in all white who gave me a huge smile. i smiled back and went to the counter to order my drink. after i was done, she gave me the "come over here" hand signal, so i walked over to her table.

she said to me, "i just have to let you know that you're the most beautiful pregnant woman i've ever seen, and i'm an ob. i wish that all my girls looked like you do, and you just keep it up!!"

i told her thanks, and tried to hold back happy tears when she kept going. she said, "your baby must be so happy thanks to you, and i can just see the most amazing glow around you. i wish you the best, and hope your husband takes good care of you!!"

"yes, yes he does, this is probably why i'm so happy," i replied.

hehehehehhehe!!

what a random happy event that totally made my day!! here i was thinking that a little cup of iced coffee would please the pants offa me this afternoon, and this woman i've never met before who was on her break from work makes my week. i don't care if she says this to everyone...bless her heart if she does...but it really meant a lot to me as a woman, and absolutely as a pregnant woman!! in an old shirt and sweats!! :)

2 comments:

Laurie Ohls said...

What a lovely thing to have happen when you are pregnant! Girl, you must have a million dollar glow goin' on! I'm so happy for all three of you!

Love,
Laurie

Unknown said...

What a beautiful moment :)